Skip to main content

The Compound Effect And The Law of Attraction

What do the Law of Attraction and the compound effect have in common?


I rather like the idea of what you do or don't do makes a difference in your life.  It's all about choices, and in this regard, the Law of Attraction is at its core about choices. As much as one wants to, no needs to feel that they have control, it's impossible to see something clearly if you do not understand choice.

I choose to be a better person.  Great statement isn't it, or not?

On can say it is the Law of Attraction and they aren't wrong.


Let's break it down. You are stating that's it's you ("I" statement).  Next, it's your choice.  No one is holding anything against you if you don't and you have the final say.  To be, there is the rub- it's future tense, so you really aren't committing to anything. A better person I'm glad you have chosen to be a better person, but would you mind if I ask you what is a better person?

It's a positive statement to say and I do hope you want to do this, but it's a get out of jail free card as far as people or the Universe or whatever/whomever you make this statement to.  

A better statement might be: From today forward, I choose to skip my morning coffee I buy at the coffee shop and make it at home, and save the money from it.

I can tell you right here and now that most people will hate doing it.  Because people can call you on it.  My partner is one of these people.  They are full of great ideas, and intentions and really, truly want to succeed, but you had better not ask them to save, or to plan or to actually be specific. The law of attraction works simply: focus on what you want and take the steps to act on it, and redo- if you think it's a science it is in many ways.  I highly recommend reading law of attraction.




They love to claim they hate debt, or they hate their weight or that people are being too harsh on them.  They will tell you clearly, and in few words that they have been put down by 'the man.'  They could have and should have and maybe if they didn't talk themselves out of something they'd be better.  They are still at the same job (and complaining about it) they are still unhappy (and complaining about it) and also wonder why some higher power isn't there to help them out.  It's fear and their excuses which hurt them the most. They will never want to take responsibility for their in action and negative views.

I'm also like that, I can come up with wonderful ideas and I can make the best excuses you can possibly imagine that you can have.  I'm rather good at it.  It's just me being a blamer and a lazy lady. I'm willing to admit that, no matter now scared I am.  I don't like to admit I failed, and I hate being the one who gives bad news.  If I can get away from responsibilities I probably would to.  The difference between us is that I am more aware I'm doing this.

If that's the case, what about the compound effect?


If you haven't already done so, you'll want to read the compound effect. It's a very good book to have on hand, and it's a light business book, but the same concept of the Law of Attraction holds true in its pages.

One thing that stood out for me was the fact that it's small changes, or choices that makes your success- or stops it.  Sure, you can be all positive and hopeful but this means that your goals are probably so vague you have your 'get out of jail free card.' Action will happen...maybe...eventually...hopefully. You've made your choice. That's the power of a vague goal.

You really don't want to change, so admit it and go from there.  Don't blame.  Except we all do this.


The idea here is small changes.  But the changes you make are because you are aware of them and you want to make them.  You value yourself enough to change.  There is no quick fix.  Hardy even points out that it's not until months or years later that you'll notice something.  Get action motivated.  Get going.

Time and again he points out that for positive change, and to make that happen it's because you think about it, and you make no excuses.  You don't blame and you keep moving forward.  For me, it helped.  For many years I was always the one who had every possible reason why something did or didn't work.

I was scared, and I was a complainer.  It never got fixed.  It's as if something was telling me that baby steps are just as important as the action.  For example, I decided that I would write a blog post on one of my blogs that I had left- yes, I had the countless excuses to go with it. (Read: I was very lazy and sacred) So I did just that.  And it hurt to write.  It hurt to think. It hurt to come up with ideas.

The compound effect told me a different story, in it, it showed me that like the Law of Attraction, I was actually in a place of excuses and blame. Much like my own healing process I had to take it one day at time.  So I did.  My goal changed:  I figured out how many blog posts I had published, and committed to doubling that number.

Goal complete.  Doesn't seem as if there was much done, but next year if I commit to doubling it again and I can see some more results.  Now, it's not hard to sit down and write a blog post, and for me the consequences is that I feel proud I am living my goals.  I am proud I took action.

The key for me was understanding that every choice I make has a consequence, even if I do nothing.  Letting go of my fears and excuses helped me grow as a person and understand my own life and responsibilities.

It's a choice for both....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living A Life of Writing Blog Intro- A Blog Post.

Something I began a while back.... something that is bringing back a bit of joy, and maybe I'll start vlogging more. Let me know what you think. Blessings to you, and keep up the positive and active life.

Put on that Makeup and Do a Bit of Self-Care

Put on that Makeup and Do a Bit of Self-Care : I’m not a person who likes to do self- care, and I’m in general not the greatest at taking care of myself to the point that I can build a huge bunch of makeup or care products without the guilt hitting me below the belt. I can argue I eat right (no) and that I... #improveyourlife #makeup #selfcare Really it’s only the beginning. Self-care and the journey is so important.

First, Forgive

First, Forgive I've made mistakes.  I've done things which probably should be done.  I've ranted, I've raved, I've pushed too hard, or too little.  I've grown, I've fallen back, I've stopped, and started. I can't be human without making mistakes, and I can't be me without my hangups and challenges.  Or can I be more than the sum of my broken parts? Can I be the one who can take where I am right now and grow from there?  Is there a way I can change who I am, my past and my future? This is where I have my hangup, I understand in words at least that my past is my past and my future is not yet determined, but I am unable to remain in the present.  Because I am creative, or because I can't stay in the present moment, I have a choice.  In this stage of my life I've learned that my choices have always been there, but the element I was missing was forgiveness. For myself, from myself. Forgiveness is a powerful weapon.  You can tell s