Skip to main content

Why A Butterfly?

Welcome to the Butterfly Creative.  It's not much yet, but here we are talking about growth, and renewal and just becoming someone who is passionate about what they do.  Someone who can take the hurts and challenges they have faced and learn from them.

Let's do this.

First thing you will need to get is a journal.  I prefer mine blank, but one which I can lay flat. It's a personal preference and it is it something that almost anyone can do.  Over the many years I've come to learn I'm not really into journalling if it doesn't have colour, or doodles or just about anything that isn't a 'writing' style of journal.

Next, make it real.

I love dragons and dolphins and butterflies.  I wanted to make my journal real for me.  I wanted it cool, and creative and fun.  Of the three I picked the butterfly and found magazine pictures and flowers and all sorts of nice, beautiful, grab the eye type of pictures.

I think the next one might be dolphins, but the butterfly has a lot of meaning for me.  I like it because no matter what it is always strong, but fragile. Graceful, but forever a bit clumsy.  The butterfly is creative in a way, and in its own way transforms from something no one likes to something everyone does.

Why a butterfly?

It's all about growth, and learning and taking it one step at a time.  A good way along the path of healing is accepting that healing needs to start.  For me, it's about just becoming more creative to express the challenges and the hurts I've dealt with over my life.

Butterflies give a sense of peace and a willingness to re-create themselves.


Time to get creative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Living A Life of Writing Blog Intro- A Blog Post.

Something I began a while back.... something that is bringing back a bit of joy, and maybe I'll start vlogging more. Let me know what you think. Blessings to you, and keep up the positive and active life.

Put on that Makeup and Do a Bit of Self-Care

Put on that Makeup and Do a Bit of Self-Care : I’m not a person who likes to do self- care, and I’m in general not the greatest at taking care of myself to the point that I can build a huge bunch of makeup or care products without the guilt hitting me below the belt. I can argue I eat right (no) and that I... #improveyourlife #makeup #selfcare Really it’s only the beginning. Self-care and the journey is so important.

First, Forgive

First, Forgive I've made mistakes.  I've done things which probably should be done.  I've ranted, I've raved, I've pushed too hard, or too little.  I've grown, I've fallen back, I've stopped, and started. I can't be human without making mistakes, and I can't be me without my hangups and challenges.  Or can I be more than the sum of my broken parts? Can I be the one who can take where I am right now and grow from there?  Is there a way I can change who I am, my past and my future? This is where I have my hangup, I understand in words at least that my past is my past and my future is not yet determined, but I am unable to remain in the present.  Because I am creative, or because I can't stay in the present moment, I have a choice.  In this stage of my life I've learned that my choices have always been there, but the element I was missing was forgiveness. For myself, from myself. Forgiveness is a powerful weapon.  You can tell s